Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sketchbook Animation

Today's post is an experiment of sorts. About a month ago, I posted this page of watercolor sketches, painted from photographs by Albert Arthur Allen. Just for fun, I wondered what those drawings might look like animated.

The result is this two-second "sketchbook animation." It's not an acting test or a funny gag or a film with a beginning, middle, and end. It's just something I felt like animating. It's like something I'd draw in my sketchbook, except animated.


Click to play the movie (3.56 MB)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC. :O (haha, I almost wrote "fantasstic") This is SO COOL. I really hope you'll show the teachers... they would eat this up!
Man, beautiful beautiful beautiful! I'm so impressed! I'd love to see the "frames" if you feel like bringing them to class sometime!